Limited edition #MrChiPig #SNFU #skateboard (only 50* made). Think he likes it?? (cc: @krucoff) (at Pub 340)
[*Corrected. I originally thought only 5 were made, but that’s how many Chi has to give out himself. 50 were made in total. Holla at me in my ask box if that’s something you need in your life badly enough to require details on where it can be purchased.]
Mr Chi Pig and Miss Minnie Pearl are deeply in love. #dogs #dogstagram #ChiPig #SNFU
My #halloween window @thepub340 complete w/ #ChiPig b-day punkin & my pal #MrChiPig hisself. #SNFU #celebrity #punk #happy50thChiPig
Galleys for the upcoming SNFU biography, which my dear friend Kenny (aka “Mr. Chi Pig”) lent me in the hopes of getting my opinion…
It’s okay to be jealous, Kruc.
My good buddy Mr. Chi Pig is sporting a charmingly festive “bowhawk” right now.
A great profile by Neal Giannone of my buddy Chi Pig from the latest issue of Vancouver Magazine.
Pretty sure they’d all shit themselves upon reading that my pal Chi introduced me to this guy yesterday.
Things that make today a brighter day:
- The fact that it is literally a brighter day out there. Yesterday we had crazy windstorms and rain going horizontally. I am not exaggerating. And today, it looks and feels like spring has just blown into town. Crocuses and daffodils, y’all. Spring is my jam. Don’t even get me started on blossoming trees.
- Housesitting for Anna in the huge Gastown warehouse space I’ve lived/worked/partied in on and off over the last 5 years, immediately next door to my old office at Terminal City and in the same block as 3 previous workplaces, including The Cambie. Walking to get this coffee, I was greeted by name by the manager of the same, (a delightful lass who shares my name - we Heathers are generally quite awesome, despite what the film would have you believe), as well as my barstool brother Mr. Chi Pig of SNFU, who - despite probably being only halfway through his first beer of the day (it’s barely noon here, give the man time) - still remembered enough to call after me and ask if I’d found my purse, for which I blew him a kiss of thanks as I continued down the hill to my chosen Starbs.
- Even after today’s Venti americano (no room, cream is for wusses - just grab me some sugar and drive), I still have $6 on one of 2 Starbscards I’ve been working since Xmas. I also managed to score enough weed from a friend to enjoy “Vancouver breakfast” (aka the “Vancouver Speedball”: coffee + BC bud)
- The other roommates at the warehouse are listening to good music and only using power tools occasionally. It could be (and has in the past been) SO much worse. I am not hung over, the music is not awful, and the power saw and drill are not constant. And if it does get worse, a friend gave me a couple of relaxy pills (which I will probably have for 6 months or more, since I generally prefer the organic experience). They’re also super nice, so nobody’s bothering anybody in this Fonzie den.
- There’s enough food around here for a substantial lunch, and what do you know? GLAMOROUS COCKTAIL PARTY LATER TONIGHT to which I was invited by a darling PR friend. (Pee arr, darling.) Obviously I am in dire need of some glamourizing, but lucky for me, I’m housesitting for a fashion designer.
SNFU - “Devil’s Voice”
Tyler Coates requested more “Chi-town” rock but let’s go next level: Mr. Chi Pig-town rock! If you want a “starter” hardcore/punk album, this is one of the best.
Hez Alert, indeed. Thanks! I’m sure I’ll see Mr. Chi Pig over the next few days at the Cambie. He shaved off his long hair and Fu-Manchu for a recent tour - I can’t wait to see what he looks like without it all. I mean, the dude usually sports a shiny gold suit and a fur hat with furry horns… it’s not like anybody’s going to mistake him for a yuppie. Send me something if you want and I’ll ask him to autograph it for you. His drawings are craaaazy. Like, obvs.
PS: Hugs to TyCo! ;-)
Gratuitous Picture Of Yourself With Local Punk Rock Royalty
At my local with the legendary Mr. Chi Pig of SNFU, subject of the new documentary “Open Your Mouth and Say… Mr. Chi Pig”. As my good friend Mr. Plow says at the 30 second mark in this teaser trailer, “that’s not a hobo…”